Garden mint

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garden mint

I’m struggling to find proper garden mint plants. All garden centres here in Cornwall seem to have a pale imitation of real garden mint. It is pale green with small leaves and spindly pale green stems. I’ve tried this and it grows poorly and its leaves are dry and lacking flavour. The mint I am looking for is a deep dark green with dark green stems. Any idea where I can get any?

I've moved your post to the "Herb Bed" where more minty people will see it!
    Have you tried the mint plants they sell in supermarkets? If you like the smell of those its very easy to grow lots more mint from a pot - just by cutting off the tops and putting them in a glass of water.
    Best to buy it first though.

Otherwise, find a friend/neighbour with some and take cuttings from theirs.

Comment

I’ve got some . If this looks like the sort of mint you want pm me and I’ll take some cuttings and post them to you.
      It’s really strong in flavour and growth and was here when I moved in 19 years ago.
      My local pub often scrounges some for mojito night!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	F22AF22B-857D-47BA-B08E-F0CC48EE78EF.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	2383452

Comment

Just a tip when you do plant out your mint. Make sure it's in a pot by itself, or else it eventually takes over your garden

Comment

That’s great, just what I’m looking for. Would love to take up your kind offer. Have pm’d you

Comment

Originally posted by cornish crabber View Post
            That’s great, just what I’m looking for. Would love to take up your kind offer. Have pm’d you
            Posted last night . You didn’t give your surname, so hope you’re on first name terms with your Postie!

Comment

Cuttings arrived safely today. Thank you so much, so generous of you. This shows why this forum is so great.

Comment

Mint Seeds for sale

Hello, we sell quality mint seeds here at Seed Loft, these are the green mint not yellow variegated variety. The leave are suitable for making mint sauce and mojitos!

However mint seeds should always come with this warning; remember that when you grow the seeds in pots, go outside and plant the plastic pot in the ground. Do not plant mint directly in your garden as it will rapidly take over and you will be drinking mojitos forever to get rid of it!
                Last edited by veggiechicken; 18-08-2019, 03:32 PM. Reason: Advertising link removed

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X