Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This ain't funny - killed 2 sage plants now.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This ain't funny - killed 2 sage plants now.

What am i doing wrong? They seemed like healthy plants when i bought them but i've killed 2 plants now. When one wasn't doing well outside i put it in the greenhouse which it seemed to dislike even more. They just seem to dry out and die even though i keep them watered. I don't know .

Did you get them from the herb section of the supermarket? If so, they probably won't grow outdoors - they're really just meant for eating.

If from a plant shop/garden centre...don't know ... can you give more details? Pot too small? Have you put a saucer under it to save water? Compost desiccated and unable to retain water?
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I bought 2 this year and put them in a new location in the garden.....one has died and the other is 90% dead....bay and rosemary next to them are fine...... only difference is that they were in a slightly less drained area.
      Were yours overwet like mine maybe?????
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Plants were from two different garden centres and looked ok at the time of buying - so it's definitely me doing something wrong. I left them in the pots they came in. The first one was on a saucer. Second one wasn't. The compost seemed to hold water just fine. Perhaps i have over-watered (?!)

Comment

Sage is pretty difficult to kill. Very easy to grow from seed in pots and then plant out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X