X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong and Not this time.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      I've just ordered a Lucky Dip selection of seeds from Chiltern Seeds as they have a special offer - 10 random packets for £3.25.https://www.chilternseeds.co.uk/news...-basement-2018

Guess how many packets I ordered?
      Surprise surprise, I did the same thing - have to compare what we get sent. I'm hoping for the Blue lupins and Pink Asters

Comment

I have mine already but only had a quick look through - enough to put them in alphabetical order but not looked up in the catalogue.

Comment

I've got ....
          Penstemon Digitalis Beard-tongue white
          Callistephus Chinensis (a white aster)
          Chrysanthemum macrophyllum (white Tansy)
          Knautia macedonica, mixed pastel shades.
          Codonopsis vinciflora (Blue flowered vine, probably best in a greenhouse)
          Passiflora Edulis.

Then the weirdness begins.....
          Schinus terebinthifolius (Brazilian pepper tree half-hardy) yup you know I have a greenhouse big enough to grow a tree
          Golden Rain Tree (not fully hardy)
          Cryptostegia grandiflora (Rubber vine, pink flowered half hardy perennial climber, a weed in Australia)
          Xeranthemum cylindriceum Eh? Looks like weed!

Comment

I don't know where to begin with my seeds - as I bought 100, just so that I could post on this thread.

Some of my "highlights"
            Cucumber tree - pollinated by bats Parmentiera aculeata - Useful Tropical Plants

Dead Horse Arum Lily https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicodiceros said to resemble the rear end of a dead mammal and stink accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
              Cryptostegia grandiflora (Rubber vine, pink flowered half hardy perennial climber, a weed in Australia)
              "Cryptostegia grandiflora is a self supporting, many-stemmed vine that is capable of growing over trees up to 15m high" - how big is that greenhouse?

Cucumber tree - pollinated by bats Parmentiera aculeata - Useful Tropical Plants
              Pollinated by BATS. That is too weird.

WANT!

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
              ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
              ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
                "Cryptostegia grandiflora is a self supporting, many-stemmed vine that is capable of growing over trees up to 15m high" - how big is that greenhouse?

Pollinated by BATS. That is too weird.

WANT!
                Your wish is granted - they will be carried on the wings of a bat to your door.

Comment

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
                  Golden Rain Tree (not fully hardy)
                  There's one of these by the entrance of one of our local parks. It's thriving, makes a really nice small tree. Go for it!
                  My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                  Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Your wish is granted - they will be carried on the wings of a bat to your door.
                    Can I keep the bat as well? I think bats are so cute and cuddly - well, the ones without rabies at least.

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                    ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                    ― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Comment

Someones Batty

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
                          Someones Batty
                          You stating the bleeping obvious again?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...