ID help please

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID help please

This was a straggly thing trying to survive in an overgrown bed until a couple of years ago. It didn't do much last year but seems much happier this year. Its deciduous but other than that I'm not sure what it is. Was going to try and ID it tonight but if anyone gets to it before me would save me the job thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0954-540x960.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	2405678

Name:	DSC_0955-540x960.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	265.6 KB
ID:	2405679

Looks like a plum or one of that family.

Comment

VC is right - likely to be a plum - will be able to tell for definite when the leaves are bigger.

Comment

I will opt cherry plum, there looks to be thorn type looking stumps on the stem. If this is in the garden be careful as it can get thuggish/ sucker beyond belief.

Here is a piccy of my 3-4 year olds. As you can see the bog standard white is more vigorous than the black. I also hacked a lot out of it last autumn as well. Unfortunately the blossom has gone over but they were gorgeous a week ago.

Name:	DSCF4403.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	239.3 KB
ID:	2377063

On a different note can anyone recommend some resize software - this site really doesn't like my pics lately

Comment

Thanks all, saved me a job, I'll wait for it to leaf up properly, now to decide whether it stays or not.

Comment

Thanks all, saved me a job, I'll wait for it to leaf up properly, now to decide whether it stays or not.

Comment

If you don't want the type of plum it is because you already have one, its not too tricky to graft it over to another sort, if you can get a scion from a donor tree.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X