Camellia Sinensis (Tea tree)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camellia Sinensis (Tea tree)

I've stuck this in this category because it has a nice flower and i wasn't sure which category to stick it in?...........................Anyway

I've bought five tea plant seeds and from what I've read you have to soak them overnight. Three seeds have eventually sank but even after two nights soaking the other two won't sink. I think only seeds that sink are viable.?

I have put all five seeds in a sealed plastic bag with a bit of wetted kitchen towel and I've read that I need to wait until they crack open before i plant them.

Two duds out of five is unacceptable and if they don't germinate I will be contacting the supplier with a complaint. It will be even worse if none of the five germinate!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Did you buy them off Am@zon?
    If you did, have a look at the reviews.

Comment

In this link they say floating seeds could germinate -
      “use a strainer to separate the “floaters” from the “sinkers.” Use the sink- ers as your primary batch for sowing. The floaters, which may germinate but could become weaker plants, should be labeled as such and separated for follow-up growth observation.”
      They take a long time to germinate,time them because two weeks feels like a month when you’re waiting for germination
      https://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/SCM-17.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        Did you buy them off Am@zon?
        If you did, have a look at the reviews.
        No, from some place called 'Green Gardens' from an online auction site I think?
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
          In this link they say floating seeds could germinate -
          “use a strainer to separate the “floaters” from the “sinkers.” Use the sink- ers as your primary batch for sowing. The floaters, which may germinate but could become weaker plants, should be labeled as such and separated for follow-up growth observation.”
          They take a long time to germinate,time them because two weeks feels like a month when you’re waiting for germination
          https://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/SCM-17.pdf
          Cheers JJ.I'm going to put them in the propagator with other stuff today and see what happens.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Well............here's an interesting development. I put the five seeds in a little sealed plastic packet along with a bit of damp kitchen roll. i then put them on top of the fridge freezer near the back where its quite warm.

Just had a look and one of the bigger seeds which floated originally, and I was quite worried about, has split and will hopefully put out some growth.

Once Ive verified the growth, I will pot it up in a 3 inch pot!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Good luck with these Snadger. I never managed to get any to germinate

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X