Sweetpeas
    Chinese forget me not
    Ammi Choc and some white
    Nigella
    Calendula

Outside sweet william
    daffs
    new flowerbed dug

Got 15 bags of manure delivered, mix of horse and chicken.
    I covered some plants with fleece,as weather is to get bad this week. The thermometer is showing near 20 deg in the onion box, that's with the door open it was a lovely sunny day.

Cannot get pictures to upload,will try later.

Comment

Allotment tunnel

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180226_103956.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	193.7 KB
ID:	2376604
      Think I have figured out how to change size of picture. This is the ammi for-get-me-not with some sweetpeas in the back.

Comment

My sweet peas look a bit cold! I've got backups sheltering in the greenhouse in case these ones don't pull through...

Name:	IMG_20180226_115207 cold sweetpeas.jpg
Size:	232.8 KB
ID:	2376605
        My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
        Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Sweetpeas out in the greenhouse in the blowaway for some protection from the frosts, these will mostly go outside, but I might put a few in a 8 inch pot under glass for some earlier blooms and fragrance.

Name:	DSC02367.jpg
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	2376607

Comment

Allotment tunnel

Name:	IMG_20180226_164741.jpg
Size:	347.4 KB
ID:	2376614Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180226_164825.jpg
Size:	575.0 KB
ID:	2376615Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180226_164648.jpg
Size:	335.3 KB
ID:	2376616Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180226_165020.jpg
Size:	532.5 KB
ID:	2376617Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180226_164648.jpg
Size:	335.3 KB
ID:	2376616
            Pictures from allotment on. Saturday 24th February.

Comment

4th March

Name:	IMG_20180304_183807.jpg
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	2376702
              Made it up to check my flower seedlings,weather had me worried but was surprised to see it was 10degree's in the tunnel and all doing well.

Comment

Nothing jumping out to be photographed in the patch so just a few arrangements. A lot of the daffs are bought but they are British/ seasonal so that will do me.

Name:	DSCF4292 (2).jpg
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	2376765 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4297 (2).jpg
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	2376766 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4276 (2).jpg
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	2376767

Comment

Couple more arrangements on this snowy spring day.

Silver birch (with new green catkins coming), ivy, cherry plum blossom (the weather will kill it off outside ), hellebores, paperwhite narcissi's, trumpet daffs and tete a tete daffs.

Name:	DSCF4315 (2).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	2376840 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4329 (2).jpg
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	2376841

Fingers crossed I will get the first of my tulips next week.
                  Last edited by Norfolkgrey; 17-03-2018, 07:43 PM.

Comment

I like your arrangements. Going to raid willow bush to copy.
                    Did you get any tulips? I have some I am growing for cutting but they are nowhere near ready yet.

Comment

Originally posted by muck lover View Post
                      I like your arrangements. Going to raid willow bush to copy.
                      Did you get any tulips? I have some I am growing for cutting but they are nowhere near ready yet.
                      Thank you. I have just discovered one of my willows gives pussy willows so I have made a mental note in the new willow bed not to use it for wreaths. Shame it will be a few years before I get a decent amount, but still happy. My first lot of tulips are ready. They are only cheapy single early jobbies planted up around the rasps to bring a bit of early colour. My posh angeliques will be another month yet along with my ones out front (provided the muntjac doesn't eat them this year). Here is my oldests posy she done tonight, although she keeps wanting to cut my peach blossom (she is only 5)

Name:	DSCF4410 (2).jpg
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	2377064

Comment

Please keep posting. I’ll keep copying.

Comment

If you are happy to lose hours on the internet. Look at the members from Flowers from the Farm https://www.flowersfromthefarm.co.uk/meet-our-members. It is not in my budget to join this year but everyone has been lovely that I spoken too/ contacted. I will still be posting here regardless

Comment

Gosh that’s way above my level. I do try to have flowers for the house from April to October. I’m not very talented at arranging them though. Your five year old is better.

Comment

Originally posted by muck lover View Post
                              Gosh that’s way above my level. I do try to have flowers for the house from April to October. I’m not very talented at arranging them though. Your five year old is better.
                              18 months ago I couldn't do arrangements. There are a couple of grapes on here who are actually trained florists but I don't know if they will admit it again. Forcing myself to do one a week last year really did make a difference to me. As much as people may dislike foliage it really does help. Then apart from help here, the things that helped me were 'the great British florist' and 'Sarah Ravens' YouTube vids.

https://www.youtube.com/user/GreatBritishFlorist/videos
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/sarahravensgarden/videos

I also suspect your arrangements are a lot better than you let on

Comment

Do please keep posting piccies NG...they are so uplifting!
                                Bit like having an Advent Calendar... but once a week per window!
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X