No announcement yet.

Fuchsias

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at the photo of that fuchsia Vixy it resembles Dollar Princess which is a semi double half hardy, but will survive outside in all but the harshest winter's so plant one in a sheltered spot and see if it survives the winter, remember you never know till you try it
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Great advice Rary - especially re; the wine Click image for larger version

Name:	Cheers--cheers-champagne-wine-smiley-emoticon-000272-large.gif
Views:	1
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	2374598
      “It was the bumble bee and the butterfly who survived, not the dinosaur” — Meridel Le Sueursigpic

"We are stardust, we are golden, and we've got to get ourselves back to the garden."
      - Joni Mitchell

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...owerpower.html

Comment

Definitely! Thank you both - and apologies again for hijacking your thread BeeHappy!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170824_14220311.jpg
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	2374620

This is the perfect place for this, I have a fuchsia at home that I was told would grow into a big bush but has barely grown in the year since I bought it. I don't know what type it is, hopefully the image loads. Can anyone tell me what type it is please so I know if it will grow or needs to be put in a pot somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwin. View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]75920[/ATTACH]

This is the perfect place for this, I have a fuchsia at home that I was told would grow into a big bush but has barely grown in the year since I bought it. I don't know what type it is, hopefully, the image loads. Can anyone tell me what type it is please so I know if it will grow or needs to be put in a pot somewhere?
            Hi Darwin, it would be better to post a photo when the flowers have opened, there are hundreds of varieties many very similar so i think it would be just a guess at this point- you could check out this link they are a specalist Fuschia nursery https://otherfellow.co.uk/ and have lots of detailed info and images, so may help you in the meantime as presumably, youve enjoyed its blooms since you've acquired it

Looks a very healthy plant BTW- and as long as it's not going to out grow the space or become a problem i personally would be inclined to leave it well alone. Most plants need time to set down roots and settle into their new home when planted so don't worry if it looks as if nothing too dramatic is happening above ground, you can bet it's all happening under the soil The only other advice in the meantime is to ensure that it has a nice feed as they are greedy plants due to a number of blooms then put out - real flower power plants Fuchsias, they give you lots of blooms for your bucks
            “It was the bumble bee and the butterfly who survived, not the dinosaur” — Meridel Le Sueursigpic

"We are stardust, we are golden, and we've got to get ourselves back to the garden."
            - Joni Mitchell

Comment

I honestly had no idea there were so many varieties, now I need to go get more. I need to resize the photo of the open flower to upload it tomorrow. They're very large fat flowers compared to my other fuchsia.

Looks like black prince from google but that could be wrong.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	close up.jpg
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	2374646Click image for larger version

Name:	Open.jpg
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	2374647

Here we go, this is as good as I can get, hopefully they're clear enough for someone to have an idea which variety I have.

Comment

I don't have this variety- maybe another member has but perhaps "Mrs. Popple"
                  I did a google search red stemmed fuchsia https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Re...1upP3WaCWv3lM: and that variety was mentioned, but to be honest yours seems to have quite dark reddish leaves and the images i saw weren't as red also did a search for "Black Prince and Blacky" both had more ruffled blooms, Now sat scratching my head and adding even more gaw-jus Fushias to my list just see what you've started Darwin BTW your Fuchsia -whatever shes called, LOL!!! is beautiful, can see why you liked it.

- Joni Mitchell

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X