• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The big bonus of Zephirin wotsit is - its thornless
    What about wisteria, eccremocarpus scaber (Chilean glory vine), or
    How to grow: Chocolate vine - Telegraph

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
      I've just come across this deal Trip 3 for 2 plus 50 free Freesias.........they could go at the base & smell divine:

Buy Rose Climbing Zephirine Drouhin Rose|J Parkers
      They don't deliver to Ireland.
      .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

For permanent I'd go roses or honeysuckle, honeysuckle on a warm evening is lovely I have some evergreen ones but quite rampant.

For annual I love sweet peas or thunbergia as the bees love it and I love to watch them in and out of each flower
        Northern England.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM67 View Post
          They don't deliver to Ireland.
          That's crazy...............Royal Mail deliver to RI for £8.50
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Morning Glory, Thunbergia, Quamoclit, Chilean Potato Vine. What about runner beans which have pretty flowers as well as beans? You could have a pink flowered or bicoloured variety, or a mix of colours. Or Lablab beans which look very decorative.

Comment

I would recommend Honeysuckle, try and get a strong perfumed one, and Zephirine Drouhin, which as VC has noted is thornless, and while waiting for them to grow I would put in climbing nasturtiums in one side and sweetpeas in the other side
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                That's crazy...............Royal Mail deliver to RI for £8.50
                I use a thing over here called AddressPal - your given a UK address (in St. Albans) to use when ordering goods from the UK. They are then sent over to the Post Office of your choice here in Ireland for €3.50.

The problems being there are strict maximum dimensions for the size of your parcels - anything over costs you €25.00

I've been stung twice for parcels being over the stated maximum sizes - both times have been orders from Wilk0s (who seem to "over-package" their goods).
                .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

The limits by RM are no one side can be more than 60cm & the total of LxWxD to be no more than 90cm. It must not weigh more than 2kg. As the plants are 40cm when ordered the package is well within the parameters.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

If Trip reads this & is interested in the offer, send me a PM, I'll be happy to order & resend them out, last order date is 7th May.

Comment

Top man Mally

Sorry was out for a few swift Guinness.. Not that Guinness can be swift
                      Going to read back on the posts I've missed but yes am interested..
                      Will send pm
                      I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                      sigpic

Comment

Ok Trip, no problem.

Comment

In the past I've grown an annual plant Canary Creeper up both sides of an archway - it grows super quick to meet at the top of an arch, will bush out, and is covered in lovely yellow flowers until winter time.
                          Canary Creeper Seeds from Mr Fothergill's Seeds and Plants

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X