No announcement yet.

What do you do with Plug plants? Parts 1 & 2

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create a seed-bed style bed with a fine tilth and transplant them into it and cover with a cloche?

Comment

Just get all the beds, containers or window boxes ready for when they arrive. The fact that you have a greenhouse to pop them into will give you time to plant them up gradually and not have to rush into it.
      Think of thr lovely display you will have all through the summer. ☺

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

They've arrived and I think its 720 plugs!! Look in good condition
        Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bramble View Post
          The fact that you have a greenhouse to pop them into will give you time to plant them up gradually and not have to rush into it.
          A Greenhouse?..............Try 5 Bramble...........
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I need 5 GHs for my impulse buys

Comment

I don't think there is 720..i think you should count them ...lol

Comment

I have, Ms T

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  They've arrived and I think its 720 plugs!! Look in good condition

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63433[/ATTACH]
                  They look great VC, I hope you get lots of pleasure from them, next time you see a bargain like that let me know
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
                    They look great VC, I hope you get lots of pleasure from them, next time you see a bargain like that let me know
                    They've always got deals on Rary:

Spring Plug Plants for Sale | Jersey Plants Direct
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

I suppose you want me to buy them and have them sent to your address, rary?

Comment

I've used this company for many years & have not once had reason to complain.

Comment

I've bought from them before too - including strawberries and they've been great quality. The good thing is that there's no extra for p&p - so the price you see is what you pay. None of this hit you for an extra fiver at checkout business.

Comment

One other thing VC I have always found that tuberous begonias like to almost dry out then water from the bottom, ie, sit them in a tray of water leave them long enough to just dampen the top of the pot and remove, and try to keep the foliage dry as they are prone to damping off. You may grow them differently, I just hope this gives someone new to growing them a bit of a guide
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

They'll be rooted Begonias as the plugs are only about a half inch square.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                                I suppose you want me to buy them and have them sent to your address, rary?
                                Oh thank you very much VC, I will pay the postage

I just had a look at BMs post and the link takes you to the seller, and I see its postage free
                                But I had made the offer

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X