Dying flowers?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dying flowers?

Do you think its possible to dye flowers just by watering it with water and food colouring?
    My patio will be cool colours this uear and I want to use nasturtiums in a display but they dont come in blue, so I was thinking if I use cream ones and water them with blue dye do you recon it might work?

I cant be bothered to use one of those micro pipe things to do them all individually, its not important just an idea.

What do you recon?
    If you want to view paradise
    Simply look around and view it.

I reckon..........life's too short to dye a flower

Comment

You won't know unless you try it Ev's. They colour cut white roses with food colouring................anyway, I thought it was only me that came up with daft ideas............
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Well I was going to use sufinias but its to expencive for 50 plants and I already have nasturtiums, the bf likes blue so I recon I will give it a bash
        If you want to view paradise
        Simply look around and view it.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see what happens.
          Presumably the leaves will take up the colour too?...no idea!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

When I saw the heading of this thread I immediately thought it was about plants failing. I have heard that, for instance, cut white carnations can be coloured by putting dyes in the water of their containers but I have to admit that I've never tried it. I can't imagine that nasturtiums with their solid colours would change.

Comment

I would say you're wasting your time & money trying to dye living flowers with food dye, some cut flowers accept it but the operative word is .. cut.
              You could do the old fashioned hydrangea with copper filings on the roots to get a nice blue colour.
              He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

This may give you some encouragement Ev's:

NE_F11_W05 :: PlantingScience.org :: fostering student research through scientific inquiry and online mentorship
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Not at all sure it would work and suspect it would take a lot of colouring anyway. To be honest my first thought was noooooooo, reminded me of those horrible died heathers which look so artificial but I like things very informal and natural and find mono colours rather boring anyway so I'm probably not the best person to comment

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I am intrigued to know how it goes, please keep us updated if you do it. I might have a play next year with some white flower (to be decided) seeds and some self watering pots

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X