Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plans for corner area, semi shade, need another shrub or herbaceous plant?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plans for corner area, semi shade, need another shrub or herbaceous plant?

Ive been on with my corner area that is in shade but does get some sun from 1pm onwards at this time of year.

Its a big corner border area just off my lawn, so far I have a white hydrangea as the corner main plant, then either side I have 3 hebes with purple flowers, then i was thinking of a row of lavenders on the edge between lawn and border I want begenia but I need something i between the lavenders and begenia to break up the colours.

All of the above plants I already have, I am setting off some foxgloves and lupins for spot planting. I will also be looking to put some nicandra in there too.

I need something that will be quite leafy to stop weeds, any ideas?

thanks guys
    Last edited by 4390evans; 07-03-2016, 06:58 PM.
    If you want to view paradise
    Simply look around and view it.

Epimediums? Quite a range of leaf and flower colour. Pachysandra terminalis? Either all green or variegated. Brunnera? Pulmonaria? Dicentra - I love the white one. Just thinking what's in my garden in that sort of position.

Comment

What do you think?
      not the best of pic but just jotting stuff down for when I get a dry day or two.so I can getit started.

Think I will need some bulbs in there too.
      Attached Files

Comment

Will your lavender get enough sun. All the other plants like similar conditions but lavender wants lots or sun and sharp drainage.

Comment

Originally posted by WendyC View Post
          Will your lavender get enough sun.
          Ive put the lavender on the right side where it will get constant sun, where the lavender ends on the left is where the fence cuts off the sun till late afternoon, I will have to remember to put plenty of grit in as I forgot about drainage, thanks .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X