House plants

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House plants

Can anyone tell me what hpuseplants like to be put out doors in the summer for short spells.
    thanks guys
    If you want to view paradise
    Simply look around and view it.

I would say all of them!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      I would say all of them!
      Most of them like the extra light

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Yup. All of them. They will thank you hugely, for the sun, the fresh air, and a darn good wash by the rain! But remember to bring them vack in before the first frost.

Mine went out this year, and despite getting a bit scorched at one point, most of them are doing well. Charlie cheese plant needed a good hair cut, but is now happily throwing out new leaves, and the rubber plants are growing like mad.
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

My massive Aloe vera is still outside Wonder if its OK?

Comment

I didn't realise you could put house plants outside...not that I have very many! That's my something learned for today.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              My massive Aloe vera is still outside Wonder if its OK?
              That depends partly on how low your temperatures have gone, and partly on whether it's an actual Aloe vera or one of the closely related Aloe species that are often sold as it. Apparently the real A. vera is not frost hardy and doesn't much like near freezing temps. Some of the imposter Aloe species are more hardy and some aren't. So it's probably safest to bring it indoors for the winter, if it's still alive.

Comment

The nightly temperature drop outside helps cymbidiums to flower.

My Epiphyllum enjoys the shade from the loquat.
                Attached Files
                Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

I have a huge jade plant that spends September/October to May/June gradually sulking more and more in a semi dark dining room.

In summer it's the star of the patio plants!

I'm not a big house plant fan as the windows sills during the "inside months" are usually spent growing seedlings. But if I had more I'm sure they'd all be outside in the warmer months!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X