Perpetual sweet peas

Moulon Rouge

Celebrating 550 years of whisky

Attached Files
      Last edited by bearded bloke; 20-07-2015, 09:41 PM. Reason: spun pictures
      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Thank You BB & Hazel - I will be having a go as soon as.
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Lovely!

I have a question...the second piccie in the above post..perennial sweet peas....I didn't know they came in various colours...I always thought they were a blue colour. Are those new varieties????

I think that's my favourite picture ...by a nose as they say in .the horse racing ( and gardening ) world!!

Do you have a favourite BB now you've had time to look more closely at them???
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I have perennial sweet peas in pink and white that look nothing like those in BB's photo.
            Here's a very blurred photo from a couple of days ago.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              . Are those new varieties????
              Sorry I've no idea (Mrs.BB didn't include the card in that one ) seeds for some different colours (modern) can be got here

Perennial Sweet Pea Seeds | Eagle Sweet Peas

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                I think that's my favourite picture ...by a nose as they say in .the horse racing ( and gardening ) world!!

Do you have a favourite BB now you've had time to look more closely at them???
                My fav is the 3rd one in the first post. They look almost ghostly transparent, just outlined in purple. Lovely.

Comment

Oh...I like the colour of the rotundi one on the left!

Repeat after me...
                  I don't need more seeds
                  I don't need more seeds....

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                    My fav is the 3rd one in the first post. They look almost ghostly transparent, just outlined in purple. Lovely.
                    That is Sir Jimmy Shand at an early stage of colouring, see 2nd pic first block for full colour

Seeds for that variety ...... http://www.eaglesweetpeas.co.uk/gall...l.php?g=3&i=30
                    Last edited by bearded bloke; 20-07-2015, 10:56 PM.

Comment

BB, thanks for all the fantastic, inspirational pictures.

I need to try harder with my sweet peas next year!
                      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                        That is Sir Jimmy Shand at an early stage of colouring, see 2nd pic first block for full colour
                        Do you mean that the later flowers are darker; or that when each flower blooms it starts off pale and deepens in colour over the time it is out? Or that some flowers of that variety are paler than others?

Comment

I'm fairly sure that when each flower blooms it starts off pale and deepens in colour over the time it is out.
                          The one you like, look carefully you will see tinges of purple coming through on some petals.........

The next vase on the same bench, blue tinges are still visible on some petals .....

One of Mrs.BB's pic's taken on a different bench, again blue tinges can be seen ....

Last edited by bearded bloke; 20-07-2015, 11:21 PM. Reason: plankism

Comment

Hazel, by good fortune I have got a packet of seeds, at planting time in October I will send half to you & we can compare results
                            Last edited by bearded bloke; 20-07-2015, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                              Hazel, by good fortune I have got a packet of seeds, at planting time in October I will send half to you & we can compare results
                              Hurrah - I'd love that, BB - thank you very much!

My wigwam of sweet peas this year have not been great (possible due to an absolute plague of pollen beetles?), so it will be fun to ring the changes.

PS Why can't you do more than one 'Like'?????
                              Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 21-07-2015, 08:21 AM.

Comment

My pleasure Hazel I will send some Lisa Marie's as well to give a bit of contrast ......

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X