No announcement yet.

Who is growing sunflowers this year?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm growing 3 giant ones from real seeds at the end of each of my three rows of climbing beans. They are over 2 ft tall and have been out for a week. Have lost two- think that they have had their roots nibbled, a bit of slug damage on some leaves and some weird indentations on some others. Fingers crossed- they are well staked and survived the wind.
    No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

I've grown two types. I only remember teddy bear type though.

However, my 3 year old daughter has grown 3 at nursery and so far they look better than mine. Bless her

Comment

I've grown a handful of old mix seed so mine will be a surprise. Although there aren't that many that survived the OH strimming session last weekend.

Comment

growing earth walker grandson likes to see how big they grow gave some to his nursery too kids love them

Comment

I'm growing dwarf sunspot too, seeds saved from last year, they're still quite small plants. I was reading the other day,sunflowers help to clean the soil,they take up toxins through the roots,so I'm now going to plant them in my raised bed (the cats been using it as a litter tray again,I left it unprotected accidentally). So they'll be planted beneath melon & cucumber.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X