No announcement yet.

Marigolds

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What eats marigolds? EVERYTHING eats marigolds.

I grow two mini beds of them every year as a sacrificial crop to keep all the nasties of my veg.

Comment

Mine are in modules in the greenhouse, they are about 4" tall and each have one flower at the top of the stem which is about to open. Is that it, or do they bush out?
      He-Pep!

Comment

They bush out,have about 5 or 6 heads at a time,dead head them,they carry on producing new flower heads.

Comment

Will they survive the slug attacks if they get planted out now, or shall i wait till they're bigger?
          He-Pep!

Comment

They wouldn't survive if a few slugs got them? Unless you can protect them with beer traps,sand,copper tape round a plastic bottle or go out at about 11pm pick the slugs off? There are so many slugs about this year,they'l be attracted to the scent? You could sow some more now as replacements/just in case?

Comment

I had a few in a seed tray in the greenhouse so have planted them out amongst my tomatoes in the polytunnel and today...24hrs later....they were still there with no sign of slimy nibbles

I've probably spoken too soon now!!!
              If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

I have grown from seed a load of French marigolds. They have survived the plastic green house falling in the wind a few weeks ago as I had to re pot them. Then I some how managed to drop 4 of them on the floor in the house. So decided to plant the 4 in the front garden and they are growing well so far. I have put the other marigolds out to harden and will plant them this weekend, hopefully. I grew them because I understood they are good for tomatoes and potatoes. Will see what happens. I am at the moment putting blue slug pellets out as the spinach and lettuces were being eaten.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X