Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My flower of the month for October is Godetia
    Attached Files
    What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
    Pumpkin pi.

Comment

• My runners up for October are sweet pea (have just cut these, probably the last bunch I'll get this year) and rock rose (with erigeron karvinskianus in the background).

Flower of the month for me are calendulas, which don't seem to be minding the colder weather at all.
      Attached Files

Comment

• I'm blatantly cheating because it's a house plant. But this very confused christmas/Easter cactus ( which is it?) gets 10/10 in my book.

It's starting to go over a bit now. The flowers don't last long unfortunately.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Ok, I will play properly.

My flower of the month ( and for the last 3 or 4 months) is I think a salvia. Don't know which one though?

My runner up is my Tangerine sage ( again for the last 3 or 4 months)
          Attached Files

Comment

• I think the top one is called "Hotlips". Luvly, aren't they.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              I think the top one is called "Hotlips". Luvly, aren't they.
              It's very pretty. But it smells! Sometimes I think it smells lovely, sometimes I think it stinks. It's very odd!

Comment

• Think its a blackcurrant sage. probably accounts for the odd smell. I have one somewhere!! (Plant that is, not an odd smell)

Comment

• Petunia purple pirouette,marigold sunburst mixed & petunia cascade pink,grown from seed in March,my flowers of the month for June.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• I'd forgotten about this thread. I really should pay more attention

Here's my flowers

Pansy ( can't remember variety)

Cosmos gazebo

Livingston daisy

Purple poppy
                    Attached Files

Comment

• I love Livingstone daisies, SP, but they do need a dry summer to be their best, don't they? years ago I first grew them in hanging baskets, and they looked so good that the next year I planted them all over the rockery I had then.
                      The bantams ate every single one
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                        I love Livingstone daisies, SP, but they do need a dry summer to be their best, don't they? years ago I first grew them in hanging baskets, and they looked so good that the next year I planted them all over the rockery I had then.
                        The bantams ate every single one
                        Chickens have only dug them ( and everything else ) up several times. It's the flipping voles that are eating everything quicker than I can plant them.

Comment

• Alliums-these majestic flowers a big favourite of mine - and the local bees agree.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by cheops; 26-06-2016, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• My flower of the month (July) is, Pink Dianthus! Considering the rainfall, it is holding nicely!

Number two is my pink Hydrangea, I propagated it from a cutting I took from the garden in my old house 2 years ago, and this year it had its first flower! Bright pink.

Number 3 is of course my pink lilies! I planted them as bulbs last year, and this spring I transplanted them in the front garden bed. It took months for them to flower and now they are! Gorgeous!

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by cheops View Post
                              Alliums-these majestic flowers a big favourite of mine - and the local bees agree.
                              I love alliums, they look amazing! I ordered several blue and 3 giant purple ones to plant this year, just hope they will survive my clay soil

Comment

• The gerberas are in full bloom[ATTACH]66448[/ATTACH]CONFIG]66447[/ATTACH]
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X