No announcement yet.

Flower of the Month and the Runners-up

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flowers of the month are my bulls eye cherry geranium & sunspot dwarf sunflowers both easily grown from seed....Also my nemesia that self seeded into this potato bag & it looks like it might want to seed into the other bag too,look at the way its looking at it!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
      Flowers of the month are my bulls eye cherry geranium & sunspot dwarf sunflowers both easily grown from seed....Also my nemesia that self seeded into this potato bag & it looks like it might want to seed into the other bag too,look at the way its looking at it!
      My little Cosmo has definately grown
      Attached Files
      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Trumpet vine. The first I heard of them was when my MiL gave me the plant last year. Shame the earwigs keep eating the flowers. I must put some soy sauce out.

Attached Files

Comment

• Hibiscus!

In't that just lovely!

But the Agapanthus I have waited three years for are just "Show Stoppers"

Attached Files
          "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Morning Glory flowering. First saw this flower in Azores where it was prolific and tried a few times to grow without success. This year it flowered for first time ever - but it is like a dandelion, the flowers only last a day. These flowers are already past their best and they not long since opened. Needless to say, I won't be trying it again (there is an anenomie flowering close by and in the corner a sweetpea.)
            Attached Files

Comment

• It may be short lived but it's a stunning colour!

Comment

• My dahlias and a fe others
                Attached Files

Comment

• I have no idea of the variety but this flower spanned about 9-10" in diameter:

Attached Files
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• MY FOTM for last month would have been morning glory, (but a purple one) if I'd got round to posting it. I love it, even though I only see its full glory on my days off as by the time I'm home from work at 2.30 the flowers are already fading. It also refuses to flower until it has scrambled to the top of the fence, while I was hoping it would hide the fence in a blanket of flower.

Attached Files
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• And now for 2017

January has to be Camellias. There are 4 different camellias in flower at the moment. Such exotic flowers for January.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8342.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	2370972

Runners up are Primroses and Pineapple sage (Salvia elegans). Smells of pineapple and 5' tall. Easy from cuttings

Name:	DSCF8339.jpg
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	2370973
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by veggiechicken; 05-02-2017, 10:18 AM. Reason: Replacing some missing flowers!

Comment

• February.....

the sun came out...

early crocus

Name:	crocus cropped.jpg
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	2370966
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Flowers of the month are my nemesia wisley that's been in flower all year,it gets some shelter & warmth from the house & survived all those frosty mornings. Crocus & snowdrops look pretty too.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Flowering rather early in the year, my flower for February is a scented wallflower 'hedge' which stands at around 4 foot. I reckon the mild winter must've been good for wallflowers, because I've got several more which are just a vigorous.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• These crocus have a few more flowers since February & a close up of the pink flowers on daphne odora rebecca that have started opening,a nice bright colour out there amongst the green.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• A little pot of Tete a Tete

Name:	IMG_1784.jpg
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	2371294

A little Christmas Rose

Name:	IMG_1783.jpg
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	2371295
                                Last edited by Jay22; 01-03-2017, 12:51 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X