No announcement yet.

Roses online

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you looked on www.roses.co.uk, a company called harkess. Don't know what they are like, I was looking for The Soham Rose for myself. I'm sure they must do standard roses.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
    Bex

Comment

Harkness Roses have been around since time began.

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

So that must mean they are good then Wendy? I really want a couple of rose bushes and their prices seem reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
        Bex

Comment

They show at Chelsea and win medals so it think you are safe in ordering. Personally I like the David Austin roses, but we do have Victoria Pendleton from Harkness as OH is a cyclist!

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

Originally posted by WendyC View Post
            but we do have Victoria Pendleton from Harkness as OH is a cyclist!
            Oh, I feel sorry for you! Same here , if it's not cycling routes or fast courses it's Strava or new cranks...can't wait for the cycling race season to finish....

Comment

I have a few DA roses as I loved the way they built back fragrance into the varieties. The only trouble is they all get blackspot very badly - unlike some of the others. Worth thinking about if it is an issue in your area.
              Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

We bought my aunt and uncle a Golden Wedding rose, for obvious reasons, from David Austin last December and it has done well since and flowered this year.
                sigpic

Comment

I prefer to buy personally, and choose my own plant rather than order things like that on-line. I have a customer who buys dozens of plants on-line, and through the newspaper offers. Have to say the quality and success rates have been exceedingly poor, when compared to those bought in person. Also, I would always go to a plant nursery, rather than a garden centre, as prices are better, plants are bigger, and you usually get served by someone with plant knowledge. Luckily, we have a few in our area to choose from, mostly family-run places

However, I haven't bought DA Roses on-line, so can't comment on the service, but I do like their lovely roses.

I guess the only way to find out is to order them, and if they turn out to be poor, then you'll know for the future.
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I've never ordered a plant on-line but the standard roses don't seem to be very popular. They are not often stocked and if they are there's usually only one, so I don't think I have much choice I've searched for local nurseries that stock roses near to me with little success. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and order...got a long wait to find out. Delivery won't be until November at the earliest...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X