No announcement yet.

Favourite flowers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I quite like sweet peas especially those with a fragrance. Quite like Snap Dragons as my nan use to grow them when I was little. Oh and poached egg plants their flowers are wonderful. Have only just discovered these thanks to getting some in the seed swap.
    Have got Morning Glory growing at the moment but you have to be careful as it can take over quite quickly. Grew some last year and found it wrapped around my cherry tree. Took ages to get it all out.
    sigpic

Comment

My list is short, but I do love,
      Lupin
      Sweet pea
      Pansy
      Viola

If anyone wants to start " flowers I hate & why "thread. My contribution would be much bigger

Comment

I love flowers. I'm more a flower gardener and only recently started veg. Some of my favourites are: hollyhocks - there just something magical about them for me. Dahlias, particularly shadow play because they look like a shrub in my garden -

Geums because they look like sweets scattered in the air
        Scabious because they keep coming and butterflies love them
        Carnations because they are easy and smell beautiful
        Anemones in spring because they are so impressive and I love blue.
        I also tend to like any daisy-like flower too because I love their simplicity.

I could go on.......

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
        Attached Files
        Sanity is for those with no grasp of reality

Comment

You mention it, I probably like it. With the exception of those big ugly sickly pink Hydrangeas in my front garden, and Lupins. Although, I like Lupin leaves, and I don't mind single colour Lupins. One of my customers has a daffodil yellow Lupin, and that's fab.

I adore Hollyhocks, roses, acquilegia, cranesbill geraniums, alchemila, geums, and my current favourite is hibiscus, as they are in flower round here at the moment, and are spectacular.
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

i love flowers full stop so enjoyed reading everyone's choice, but my favourite has to be gaura especially the pink one which flowers profusely all summer

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X