No announcement yet.

Hanging Baskets

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have got some tumbling toms growing which I plan to put in hanging baskets on the back patio. Good idea about the saucer in the bottom of the basket, will have to try that as I battle to keep the plants well watered with all the heat that comes off the concrete slabs of the patio.

Comment

Hi Squirrel, Do you mix the water retaining crystals in the compost. I find these are great for retaining water. I also put ice cubes in the compost and when the weather is very warm and they also help to keep the soil moist. Hope this helps.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the piccy Gardenfan - nice one. And SueA, liked that mixture. Am like AndrewO. Never had much success with hanging basket as south facing and they just dry out but then I was at work all day. Maybe try again now that I'm retired and have tome to look after them and all that advice from you great grapes.

Jaxom, we want to see your pics. If we can do it so can you. You don't need to go through a scanner. You can put your pics straight into your computer using a USB cable which is not expensive and resize and post them using a programme called Picasa which is a free download from Google. Just make up your mind to do it and we'll tell you how.

In fact maybe Ben could do a little section to help grapes to post.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I did put water retaining gel in with my fuchias (spelling?) last year and it worked well. Did not plant up proper baskets last year, will give it a go this year though. Already have the trailing lobelia (plantlets) and the toms are slowing coming along. Havn't decided on what else I will put in yet.

Comment

Hi Squirrel,
            Try getting some pastic plant pot saucers & putting them in the bottom of the basket, they'll act as a reservoir along with the water gel. Mind you judging on the lats week or so, lack of water is not going to be a problem this year so far!!
            ntg
            Never be afraid to try something new.
            Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
            A large group of professionals built the Titanic
            ==================================================

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X