Bulb queries

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulb queries

Hello, I do not normally frequent the Flower Mill. However, a number of years ago I took advantage of a free offer in the paper or on the interwebs to get 100 bulbs for nowt. The bulbs came (probably between 2008 and 2010). I did not plant them. Having moved house twice since then you would expect me to be somewhat surprised to find 100 bulbs in a brown envelope when I was rooting through a cupboard (I was not surprised, I find it extremely hard to throw anything away).

Anyhow, enough of the back story;

I have

Ixias (mixed)
    Sparaxis
    Anemone Blanda Blue
    Ranunculus

The included advice is limited (spacing, depth, soaking and orientation ~ Ranunculus claws down).

So to my questions;

1. Might they still be ok to plant (they look ok to my novice eyes, although the Sparaxis look a bit too dehydrated).

2. When should I plant them? Is it too late?

Thanking you kindly....
    While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

I've no idea if they will still be viable, but what's to lose? They are all bulbs/corms that like a period of cool weather in which to sprout, so I think if you plant them now they will do nothing.

But if you're putting them in the ground and will remember where they are, then it would do no harm to plant now. Just don't expect any growth before next spring. Or leave them till autumn when spring flowering bulbs are generally planted. After all, you've kept them this long, a few more months won't hurt.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

Personally I wouldn't bother, they've been out of the ground 5 years.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X