Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pot size for lavender

I bought some lavender plants yesterday, in 10 cm pots:

I want to put them in 20 cm pots, and was wondering if it's okay to put two plants in 1 pot. I know lavender likes to have its roots quite snug, but is this too snug? The picture below shows what they look like put together:

The reason I want to put 2 plants in 1 pot is because last year I just had 1 plant in a 20 cm pot, and it looked a bit bare. I thought it might spread out and get bushy, but it just got taller and there was a lot of bare soil around the base of the plant. I didn't really look after it properly though (I was quite a clueless gardener last year!), so that might have something to do with it Hence me needing to replace the plant this year.

So, can I put 2 plants in 1 pot? Or is there some way of getting the lavender plant to spread out and fill the pot? I have bought the plants now, so would prefer to put them both in 1 pot, but if it's going to harm or kill the plants I will need to find another home for the other one.

Finally, can they go in the 20 cm pot now, or do I need to wait until I see roots start to come through the base of the existing pots? And when I do re-pot them, am I right in thinking I pot them at the same level of the existing soil?

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by IndigoElectron; 02-05-2014, 09:52 AM. Reason: Should have said cm instead of in

They are quite tough things so i don't think they will suffer in the 20 cm pot, you can repot them now and yes pot them at the same level as they are now is always a good idea.

Comment

Thanks So that's both of them together in one 20 cm pot?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X