Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet Williams - What are these?

Hi Guys,
    Anyone identify what these small "PoDs" are?

TIA

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...-id-resize.jpg

Sorry, what does PoD stand for? I'm a total numpty with acronyms.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Looks like Wallflowers and those are seed pods - although they need to dry off before the seeds form inside them.
      Last edited by veggiechicken; 20-04-2014, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
        The long green things

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          Looks like Wallflowers and those are seed pods - although they need to dry off before the seeds form inside them.
          They are sweet william flowers and as my memory serves me they are not seed pods, the seeds come from within the flowers them selves

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
            Seed Pod............but I'm no good when it comes to flowers.
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by NoTWHaTiTWaSNT View Post
              They are sweet william flowers and as my memory serves me they are not seed pods, the seeds come from within the flowers them selves
              After an extensive googlin session, I can't find a yellow Sweet William so would be inclined to go with VC's suggestion.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Here's a photo of a Sweet William seed head and a blog about collecting them

Glory's Garden: Necessary Equipment for Seed Collecting

Comment

Thanks to veggiechicken and to Bigmallly for the extra bit of info.

I wondered why they were flowering and the other sweet Williams were not :-)

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    Here's a photo of a Sweet William seed head and a blog about collecting them

Glory's Garden: Necessary Equipment for Seed Collecting

Thanks again veggiechicken
                    Last edited by NoTWHaTiTWaSNT; 20-04-2014, 07:47 PM.

Comment

The long green things
                      Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                      Seed Pod............but I'm no good when it comes to flowers.
                      Ah, thought that you were using an abreviation for something P... of D....... and was trying all sorts of different words, none of which made sense.

Re the original query, I think it's a wallflower too, have a load in the garden that look just like that.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Comment

Its a pleasure NWIW. Wallflowers and Sweet Williams are lovely flowers to have in your garden

Comment

Yep deffo wallflowers as VC & Alison say bud

Peeps that are confused by PoD,I would draw your attention to ....

Evening everyone,
                          Joined up for some advice

Please be patient if I "Don't get it and it's so obvious" as I'm dyslexic
                          from introduce yourself
                          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                            Peeps that are confused by PoD,I would draw your attention to ....

from introduce yourself
                            Soz, sometimes I make things far more confusing than they should be. On a plus point, you have some lovely wallflowers now and some sweet williams to come

Comment

They are wallflowers, I have loads of them I just love the scent. You are supposed to pull the seed pods off to encourage more flowering.
                              Last edited by Bill HH; 20-04-2014, 08:32 PM.
                              photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X