Poisonous flowers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4390evans View Post
    how did you grow the brugmansia? Was it hard, it looks a bit like the angels trumpets I like. Is it a outdoor plant?
    Outdoor during the summer but needs to be frost free during the winter. I grow mine in large containers; they need to grow on without root check, so make sure you pot on in good time as they grow, and they respond well to "overfeeding"

Here's one of mine last Summer

K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Originally posted by

[IMG
      http://kgarden.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/img_1105_brug.jpg[/IMG]

Oh wow! thats lovely!!!! Did you grow it from seed if so was it just normal sowing then pot on or did you need heat? When did you sow the seed? also do you get seeds from this?
      If you want to view paradise
      Simply look around and view it.

Comment

I have some grown from seed. They aren't very special though. Then I bought some Named Varieties. They were fancy, but awkward blighter to grow - prone to bugs and disease, and hard to get to produce more flowers once they had had the first flush, and so on. So now I only grow "Good Do'er" varieties. I have bought cuttings of those on eBay (I only buy form people who sell lots of Brugs to try to ensure that the varieties are actually what they say they are! someone only selling one might only THINK they know the variety name!!). They over winter in my unheated (but frost free) conservatory, and go outside 1st week of June. Beware that they grow quite big, so will be a fair size (once a year or two old) to get out of the conservatory in the Spring. They can be cut back in Autumn when you bring them in, to reduce their size, but don't cut back below the "fork" in the branches as they only flower on mature wood.

If you grow from seed you will definitely need heat, they are not native to this country but come from more tropical climates
        K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X