Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silica gel packs and seeds

Hi there

Ive managed to get some seeds off some of the flowers Ive grown this year, Ive left them to dry out on the window as long as possible but Ive only got zip bags to store them in, if I add a silica bag in with them would that be ok?
    If you want to view paradise
    Simply look around and view it.

If you have an airing cupboard put the seeds in paper bags & keep in them in the bottom of it.
    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

I always use envelopes to store seeds from the garden. Plastic has never worked for me at all, even when I've hung the bags up open.

Comment

I also use old envelopes for my seeds then when i know they're really dry they get stored in a plastic container.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I dry my seeds out in big white sweet shop paper bags, unsealed on a sunny windowsill - Mrs H got a huge bundle of the paper bags from the cash and carry about 5 years ago. Once dry I sort the seeds from the chaff and then keep them in "dinner money envelopes", i.e. gummed manilla envelopes 98 x 67 mm (3 7/8 x 2 5/8 in old money). Packets of 50 from Woolworths. At least, that's where I got my last lot from, might need to find another source... These go in the biscuit tin until I'm ready to sow.
          My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
          Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X