Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me what this is?

Can anyone tell me what this is?

Its just been planted this year and for some reason Ive forgot to put a tag on saying what it is?

It produces small fushia coloured flowers from about end of july but they have died off.

the seeds are like little cherry seeds

Thanks guys x
    Attached Files
    If you want to view paradise
    Simply look around and view it.

It looks very much like a fuschia to me, I presume that is a dying flower? if its a fuschia they would have been bigger.
    photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

yeah think its had its time for this year, do you think it will come back for next year?

Any ideas on what I should do to it should I cut it back or something??

Comment

Ive just checked on googled the pics for fuschia and its not one of them. I have a few fuschias in the garden at the top and the plant is more of a shrub? the flowers are a lighter pink, cant quite remember what they look like inside when they open up. will have to have a look to see what pics there is that I have took of the garden this year.

Comment

Fushias come in an array of colours, they also come as bedding & hardy perennials. If you are unsure which it is, you could lift it and overwinter it in the greenhouse & see what happens in spring.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I wonder if it could be a plant known as the Cape Fuchsia Phygelius capensis, if that it will survive over winter as they are quite hardy, but you should always take cuttings of plant you want to keep.( In so saying I am guilty of not doing that myself, so its a case of dont do as I do but do as I say)
            Hope this helps
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Good tip rary
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
                I wonder if it could be a plant known as the Cape Fuchsia Phygelius capensis, if that it will survive over winter as they are quite hardy, but you should always take cuttings of plant you want to keep.( In so saying I am guilty of not doing that myself, so its a case of dont do as I do but do as I say)
                Hope this helps
                Ive just checked, I dont think its this the flowers on the plant are pinker like a hot pink colour.

Thanks though for getting back to me x

Comment

Could be a Mirabilis
                  Please visit my facebook page for the garden i look after

https://www.facebook.com/PrestonRockGarden

Comment

yep looking at the pics when I googles Mirabilis it is that, thanks andy xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X