Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnation wilting

Hi all
    My sister brought me a white carnation for the birth of my son. It spent the summer in the garden and looked lovely and as I haven't had a chance to put it in the garden, I brought it in around September.

Now it doesn't look as happy and has a lot of dried brown leaves and stems. The green stems and leaves that are on there look ok but when I looked today, two of the stems have started to dry up and wilt.

Any clues? I can't see any mould or fungus at all

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Originally posted by Catseyes View Post
    It spent the summer in the garden ...I haven't had a chance to put it in the garden
    *confused*

Are they in the garden, or not in the garden? Do you mean they're in a pot, not in the ground?

They will go brown & die back in the winter, that's normal.

How to Grow Pinks and Carnations - Garden Centre - Garden Supplier
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Hi, it's in a pot as it was sold as an indoor plant and I didn't want to leave it out when we start getting frosts.

Comment

Post a picture Catseyes.

Comment

Oh dear,oh dear,oh dear silly RL you had to know this would happen >>>>>>>>>>>

He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Thanks BB Those eyes are beautiful.

Comment

Lol oh dear... Here is a picture of the plant. It's living in the kitchen on a south east facing window.

Attached Files

Comment

The green bits are new shoots. Did you read the link TwoSheds posted about growing carnations? Also, was there any care information with your plant?

What were the flowers like - I know from your original post that they were white, but were they large or small, lots of them or just a few? Scented or not scented?

I'm wondering whether it is in fact a carnation or a pink.

Comment

There are some care instructions. I haven't seen the link that you said twosheds had posted.

Its scented and has a good few large flowers just under an inch in size when open,IIRC.

Attached Files

Comment

The link TwoSheds posted (it is the last line of text) may not work on your iphone,works fine for me so check it on your PC later Nice fingernails BTW
                    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

As far as I know this is a herbaceous perennial plant and will die back in the winter. It should then re-appear next year. Just keep it cool but away from frost and the soil just slightly moist. Maybe in the garage.
                      photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X