Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tree Ferns

Anyone ever overwintered one?

Got this from work, early spring! was destined for the bin till I claimed it! Let me introduce you to my mate "Stumpy"

Never in a million years would I thought it would take! But take it did!

Now I know you should shove straw down its throat n wrap in fleece! Just wondered if anybody had a go at it?

Here he is full summer!

Of about ten minutes since!

Any thought's appreciated!
    Attached Files
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Can't help you but just wanted to say "Stumpy" is beautiful
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Cheers Bren!

How ironic!

The long working day done, just catching up on "Beechgrove Garden" and the self same subject they covered! Sorted!

"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

That's good that you're sorted Deano
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Dicksonia antarctica, I do believe. Wrap it well - I use sheets of bubble wrap and an old sleeping bag. Worked well, so far!
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Cheers G4!

"Stumpy" Is in a pot, so may do a circular column of chicken wire n stuff it with straw!

On the other hand! I could get my finger out of my backside, and build this wooden greenhouse sat in the garage all summer!

Comment

Personally I'd keep well away from bubble wrap as it won't allow it to breathe. I've always but a wire frame around it and stuffed it with straw but I could imagine the old sleeping bag would be good too.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Cheers Alison!

posted on top of each other!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X