Gladioli's

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gladioli's

I planted some Gladioli bulbs a while back (obviously) and now some of them are about 1' tall, maybe slightly bigger, while others are still only about 8'' tall. anyway, does anyone know how long it will take until the biggest of them starts flowering? They just seem like a tall, flat ''stalk'' at the moment lol.

Can I also tag on here: I thought I'd heard that gladioli planting should be staggered, to prolong the flowering period; is this true? I've just watched last night's GW and SR just said mid-may was the time to plant gladioli corms. I want them to be flowering on August 10th for our wedding - any guaranteed way to do this??

Comment

Originally posted by Waffler View Post
      Can I also tag on here: I thought I'd heard that gladioli planting should be staggered, to prolong the flowering period; is this true? I've just watched last night's GW and SR just said mid-may was the time to plant gladioli corms. I want them to be flowering on August 10th for our wedding - any guaranteed way to do this??
      To get guaranteed Gladioli for your wedding Waffler I would have started planting in April at weekly intervals right up to June!
      It may be ok if you start now but no guarantees I'm afraid!

Seem to remember mine didn't flower until September last year but it probably depends which species you plant and which part of the country you hail from!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

OOps!!! Best get started!

Comment

To answer both of you in one ( cos I'm a Guru and can do that stort of thing) It depends on the variety to some extent when they flower. Some flower quicker then others and they tend to be split into "seasons" a bit like Chrysanths. But if you were showing them you'd do what Snadger suggested ony possibly weekly so you can guarrantee to have some for a particular show date.

Have a look at the British Gladioli society site I think they have a list of varieties & the flowering times on there.
          ntg
          Never be afraid to try something new.
          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
          ==================================================

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X