Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasturtium germintaions problems

I seem to have lots of issues getting nasturtiums to germinate this year

Out of everything that I have sown into paper pots in the mini-greenhouse, only one has come up. What can be the issue? Soil to wet maybe?

Should I maybe rub the seeds with sandpaper beforehand?

I am really confused at this point and are up for any ideas.
    Last edited by ysb33r; 10-05-2007, 12:59 PM.

I save my nasturtium seeds from year to year and the germinate quite readily. They come faster if you soak them overnight before planting. When did you plant them. I wouldn't give up on them as I've never known nasturtiums not to come up. Good luck.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I can't get rid of the things - they self seed every year and I end up with loads of the things where I don't want them! When did you plant them, maybe you're just being impatient.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

they are just the easiest things to grow - sorry, that's not helpful to you. I reckon you're over-watering
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          they are just the easiest things to grow - sorry, that's not helpful to you. I reckon you're over-watering
          mmm... that might just be the case

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X