An 'expert' couldn't help - can you?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ancee View Post
    Ah sorry G4 I had a jungle, it's nearly a garden... What do you have now then?
    Currently I have just under about half an acre, with a buggalow in the middle of one half. I'm not allowed to turn the spare quarter acre into an allotment . I'm allowed to grow veg right out the back of the house - you know, where we sit, and the dog plays. Landlord expects me to keep it all very tidy, but the back bit's that uneven (looks like a mass grave, to be honest! ), and covered in ant nests and couch grass, that you can't mow it. I'm not in the right frame of mind to strim it again this year, so, I've just filled it with chickens - they can do the work, and they don't mind, either!

Sad that he's such a Pillock, really, as I could do so much with it. Heartbreaking, really.
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Ah, we've had landlords like that Last one had grass front back and sides, well, I say grass (he referred to it as the lawn) it was more dandelions and daisies and other non-grass stuff I spent so much time faffing about trying to make it look good, when all I wished to do was rip it up and plant real stuff that was useful. I hate grass, it's pointless in our house. The dog wees on it, so you can't walk on it or the kids can't play on it as they might get wee on themselves. Then it goes patchy and baldy. We have NO GRASS here! Hurrah!
      You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

People like lawns because it looks "neat" and doesn't need much maintenance, just a mow. It's totally useless for wildlife though, and uses vast quantities of drinking water to keep it green
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I like a certain amount of grass, but not anywhere near the ninety percent we have.
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X