The dahlia roots

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dahlia roots

Dug most of mine up yesterday,labeled and put to dry inside,i slotted the stems into the gaps between the slats of some spare staging,and hope for the best,i was amazed at the size of some,just to think that a few month ago it was just a seed,all i need then is a frost free place,i was concidering putting them in the attic boxed up,it goes cold,but not freezes up,plus is easy to get to for checking up on,as is a walk in from a room,
    Attached Files
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

When dry, carefully shake off as much soil as you can and give the tubers a dusting of Flowers of Sulpher toi keep moulds and fungusses at bay.

Cheers, Tony.
    Semper in Excrementem Altitvdo Solvs Varivs.

Comment

Jealous, Lottie, think the clay has eaten mine. I sunk mine at the start summer-the packaging said I could-and I think the rain has made them meet their maker. Am rather saddened and annoyed at that really; I was anticipating some lovely floo'ers.
      Horticultural Hobbit

http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info

http://horticulturalhobbit.com/

Comment

awe,no need to be jealous HH,i was realy amazed at them,especiasly as the ground is clayish,plus the rain and slugs,they only started to grow after i organized a slug banquet,others on the site commented how nice they were,still got a few to get up,they might yet all die on me,time will tell lol,
        Will have to get some of that powder tony,when i locate it,seems very expensive on the net,
        now i know what colurs they are,and size,next year will be even better in their new site,then maybe just mulch them well,even if i have to but up some sides to hold it,just another one of me ideas,
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Just found some (450G) at £5 + £3pp on the web at NaturalHorseSupplies.co.uk. I am assuming its the correst stuff but am not too sure.

Hope this helps

Lizzy

Comment

Vitax Yellow Sulphur: Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors - This is somewhat cheaper, although you could try your local chemist,

Comment

I used to cover mine with Flowers of Sulphur and store them in the loft.

Then I grew lazy (or is it old ?) and just put them in the dark in the garage and ignored the sulphur. (Dry and free of soil).

They lasted just as well as in the loft..

(Garage is cold but frost free and they are near some insulated heating pipes.)
              Last edited by Madasafish; 15-01-2013, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X