Can anyone identify this plant?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone identify this plant?

I think it might be some sort of Hydrangea. Does anyone know what species it is?

Thanks

..........Anyone?

Comment

All I'd say is it could be a Hydrangea but its difficult to say what sort without any flowers, or even any sign that its ever had flowers. On the other hand it could be something totally different!
      And its not Quercifolia!

Comment

I think you might be right, but its hard to tell.

Comment

Looks very like a hydrangea to me - but you would need to show a picture of a flower for us to identify further.
          Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
            Looks very like a hydrangea to me - but you would need to show a picture of a flower for us to identify further.
            It hasn't flowered yet. I bought it two months ago from a small garden centre. It had no label, but I'd asked for a mophead hydrangea (Hydrangea macrophylla). I already have one of those though and I notice after a while that the leaves and stems are all different. I suspect it might be a lacecap hydrangea (Hydrangea macrophylla normalis), but the leaves do resemble a dogwood to some extent.
            I might have to wait until it flowers to see what it is.

Comment

Looks like a type of hydrangea to me too - the flowers on mine with leaves that look identical are white, and are in 'layers' across the shrub - very attractive.

I may have some pics somewhere...

Comment

I don't have any sorry - went through all my photos.. sorry bud!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X