Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wall flowers?

Hi

I am clearing a long flower bed that is at my local train station, its a bed between the wall and border fence. I did have some sort of ivy, but that is new mostly removed after treatment with weedkiller.
    Is there any thing that I can plant now, maybe for next year?

Wallflowers!! Spring bulbs........

Comment

^ ^ ^ What VC said, plus maybe pansies and polyanthus or primroses.

Comment

I already have some pansy/winter pansy seeds, need to have a plan in my head before I think about bulbs

Comment

We talked about this piece of ground before. Have you planned what you're going to do with it now?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            We talked about this piece of ground before. Have you planned what you're going to do with it now?
            I have cleared a large bed and a long wall section. I am hoping that most things will be grown from seeds, so its too late in the yeto establish most plants. I have planted some perenials in the large bed. Its just the wrong season.

Comment

Now is the perfect time to be planting daffodils and crocus, and they will come up year after year.

Comment

Also great time to plant "english" bluebell seeds
                He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

There are a lot of annuals that can be sown in the autumn and most of them are cheap seeds to buy. While you are deciding what to do, why not scatter a load of seeds and let them mature through the winter to flower early spring. If they are in a spot that you need for something else, just dig them up and move them. It would be better than leaving the bare earth to be taken over by weeds.
                  Seed: sowing hardy annuals in autumn / Royal Horticultural Society

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X