Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know what these pink flowers are???

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what these pink flowers are???

Hello,

Moved into my new house last year and l just let the garden do what it wanted for the first year to see what I had.

2 things that were very appealing were 2 different "pink" flowery bushes / plants.

They are both looking a bit "end of season" now, but if anyone knows what they are and more importantly how I care for them. should I chop them down down ready for next season etc.

Thanks a bunch,

Mark
    Attached Files

The first one is Phlox which is a perennial and the second a Lychinis but I can't remember the name and that one is a bi-annual that will seed itself all over the place, pretty though.
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

2nd is Rose Campion (Lychnis coronaria).Lovely flower but is very invasive.
      Last edited by Poolcue; 14-09-2012, 01:33 PM.
      http://petersgarden101.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Yup, second is definitely Rose Campion (not sure if poolcue has a typo in that?) - though google does show results for champion too..

Comment

I agree, Phlox and Lychnis coronaria. I love 'em both!

Comment

Yes a typo
            http://petersgarden101.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Just realised that there was a "How to care for them" question as well! I just let them die back and cut off the dead bits when I'm ready! The Lychnis will self seed so you can gather the seedheads when dry, and scatter them elsewhere in your garden if you want to. The Phlox makes a larger clump each year so can be split if you want to spread it around.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your valuable input I shall gather the seeds of the Lychnis and I shall try and split the Phlox - got a few areas in the garden that need filling.

Cheers.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X