When to plant?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to plant?

I have some fuschias and dwarf buddleias that I bought as plug plants this year to eventually go in my rather empty flower beds. Thing is Im not sure wether to leave them in pots this winter or plant them out now whilst the weather is still quite warm.
    They are about 5-7ins tall so far. I know they wont be bothered too much by slimies but everything in my garden is being destroyed by caterpillars.....would they eat them if I planted them out??

Caterpillars don't eat everything ~ what plants do you mean exactly? Brassicas?
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Buddleas are as tough as old boots, get them planted. Fuchsias depends on the variety, some are hardy and some aren't

Comment

They are hardy fuschias so should be ok to go out.
        So far the evil caterpillar army has eaten most of my brassicas, nearly all the nasturtiums and have just moved on to the courgettes (TBH Im surprised the courgette leaves are that tasty!!).

Comment

Originally posted by kentishgal View Post
          the evil caterpillar army has eaten most of my brassicas, nearly all the nasturtiums
          That's the cabbage white then. It doesn't eat buddleja nor fuchsia (I'm surprised they're eating courgette leaves, aren't they a bit prickly?)
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
            (I'm surprised they're eating courgette leaves, aren't they a bit prickly?)
            well, the cabbage whites arent that interested in the courgettes. Its more the big brown ones and little fuzzy suckers that are munching away! TBH I only tend to squish the Whites as they seem never ending....Im happy to let the less common ones 'compost' the courgette leaves for me!
            (right, that me planting this weekend then!!LOL)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X