Support for perennials

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    The Rustic June offer is out of stock - I checked for you!! I expect they'd take an order for it though
    Stobbit as my daughter used to say
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

You don't have to read the special offers, VVG its not compulsory. And it is only 15% off. Hardly worth the effort of ordering

Comment

You don't have to read the special offers, VVG its not compulsory. And it is only 15% off. Hardly worth the effort of ordering
        I deliberately didn't look
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Shall I delete my post then so that you don't know about the special offer?

Comment

Shall I delete my post then so that you don't know about the special offer?
            No I can resist...although I may just look at the rusty obelisks. Mr VVG said we shouldn't buy those as we couldn't get the big one in the car. He didn't say I couldn't buy it and have it delivered Did he?

Comment

Originally posted by Acanthus View Post
              Spent such a happy hour, think I now plan on going on a day course in making willow items in Suffolk, weaving my own wigwams, and buying some of the very nice metal supports and grow throughs. Still have to look at the rhubarb forcers. And I will start coppicing my hazels in the orchard
              Thanks all
              Going on a course is a brilliant idea! Love it. And lucky you, having hazels to coppice.
              March is the new winter.

Comment

I've used willow stakes and would advise that they LOOK lovely but are completely useless after a while in the damp UK climate, cos the ball bit on top unwraps and frays and then the whole bloody stick unwraps too LOL.
                Bamboo is good, but I suppose basic - if you are looking for ornamental/orginal type metal stakes - why not pay this site a visit? There are lots of artists who get overlooked because they are not on ebay or whatever, but often you can commission or have made a iron or metal stake in your own original design for a similar price to mass=produced stuff AND you would be supporting an artisan?
                Or blacksmith, or someone who can weave willow without it unravelling like the cheap shops ones I bought?

garden stakes on Etsy, a global handmade and vintage marketplace.

Comment

Those rusted plant supports of mine were just on Gardeners World with Rachel de Thame

Comment

There are some lovely things on the Etsy site, thank you GardenFaery,I particularly like the stained glass iris topped stakes. Will have to look into it, as USA site postage etc. when I was browsing, I was especially looking for artisan sites for woven willow/hazel type supports, which can remain in situ all year, will post when I have done a bit more researcg

Comment

Yes Acanthus - there is a 'search local' function though to buy from local and UK shops on there.
                      I have also found with some shops that postage works as as economical as some UK mass produced brands, if the artist wants to boost sales by offering free postage etc.
                      Obviously with garden stakes there is the issue of weight and postage, but I comissioned a house sign in wood from an American Artisan recently and it worked out more economical than mass produced UK stuff and I got it just as I wanted - definately worth having a look

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X