X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in bloom group

Hi

Anyone run a local 'in bloom group'?

I am thinking about helping in one and I wondered how they are run. Would it be a charity?

So, I'll make myself really unpopular straight away ~ and say I think they're a bunch of stuck-up bedding lovers.

Honestly! They like straight lines, neat & tidy, traditional bedding ... not my style at all.

Good luck though
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by YFS View Post
      I wondered how they are run.
      It's all on the website. Volunteer for Britain in Bloom / RHS Gardening
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post

They like straight lines, neat & tidy, traditional bedding ... not my style at all.

Good luck though
        That the council gardeners, the beds planted by the 'in bloom group' seem better.

Comment

I have now been given the go ahead to start. My first task is to clear a 50' x 15' bed of bracken and nettles. Its the first part (of a very long), of a weed covered banking by the side of a railway line.
          My thoughts are some perennial or evergreen at the back, and then smaller flowers at the front.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
            So, I'll make myself really unpopular straight away ~ and say I think they're a bunch of stuck-up bedding lovers.

Honestly! They like straight lines, neat & tidy, traditional bedding ... not my style at all.

Good luck though
            My neighbour has just ripped lavenders out to put in dotted in here and there begonias and park bedding. Well her gardener has! I'm growing something tall and shrubby to block the view.
            Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X