Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erysimum Bowles Mauve - will it tolerate partial shade?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erysimum Bowles Mauve - will it tolerate partial shade?

I had one of these a few years back, really enjoyed it so was quite upset when it suddenly died. I have investigated recently and it would appear this shrub is short lived but cuttings are easy enough to replenish stock. My garden centre didnt have any in stock but ordered it in for me and I am now the proud owner of three young plants.

My question is this - its original position (which is in full sun) is now taken up with a hardy geranium which has spread in that direction so was thinking of planting in my new bed around 3 metres south from the original site, nearer the edge of the garden quite near a fence. The soil is poor to moderate which should suit it very well however the spot is only in full sun for morning and then shade creeps in from around 1 or 2pm.

Any opinions or experience would be most welcome - hope to plant it tomorrow.

Thanks

XXXX
    Tammy x x x x
    Fine and Dandy but busy as always

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Stay at home Mum (and proud of it) to Bluebelle(8), Bashfull Bill(6) and twincesses Pea & Pod (2)!!!!

Found this link for you Tammy RHS Plant Selector Erysimum 'Bowles's Mauve' AGM / RHS Gardening Hope it helps.

Comment

They do like full sun, having said that, I have one growing in a pot outside house (south facing) but does have a little shade and seems to be fine? Grow in a pot and move= my answer to almost everything LOL

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X