Carnations

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnations

Any advice and help on Carnation's would be appreciated, I've been growing what was a cutting, that has rooted well and even flowered, but, Morrisons have been selling really good Clementis in an advanced state of growth, and the wife has taken an instant like to them and bought them, however, the only place avalable near the Trellis for them, is right where the Carnation's are growing, and there's no room to put up another trellis, so, will the Carnation's be alright getting moved? will they re-root? or do they not like getting dug up and disturbed, sorry to say, the wife is insistant on moving the Carnation's and having these Clementis at the trellis, I on the other hand like to see live plants that have established themselves live on, so any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

I would have the carnations at the feet of the clematis ~ clems like their heads in the sun but their roots in the cool shade
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I reckon they'd move easily as they have quite small fibrous roots but since Carnations tend to get old and woody quite quickly, take some cuttings for next year's plants.

Comment

I call 'em Pinks, but they are the same plant.
        I grow them everywhere and anywhere. Typically they have been grown for years as a cottage garden plant and can be mixed in with a lot of other plants and veg - they do well and survive quite a bit

This might help though

http://www.landscapinginfo4u.com/per...carnations.php
        Last edited by GardenFaery; 01-06-2012, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X