Fucshias?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fucshias?

Hi, i'm relatively new to this gardening malarky and I think I have made a rookie mistake. I decided on fuchsia for my border however once I had planted them I realised that what I had in fact planted were trailing ones. What can I do with them? Do I need to pull them out or will they be ok in a border? I can stake them up if that will help? They were only an impulse buy and weren't overly expensive so i'll pull them up if I need to.

Thanks
    Liza

They definitely would be better in a hanging basket or tall pot as they will trail. I think you will be ok transplanting them as presumably won't have been in too long and won't have spread their roots too far.

Comment

When they trail on the ground the flowers will get muddy and horrible, and slugs will get them too.

As you say, they aren't expensive. Put them in pots, and stand the pots in the border?
      Some fuchsias (named after Dr Fuch they are) are tender, so they won't last over winter. To keep them, take cuttings in late summer and overwinter on a windowsill.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Thank you, I'll get some pots today and some non trailing fuchsias for the border :-)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X