Lilies in pots - when to divide?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilies in pots - when to divide?

I have a pot that I put 3 bulbs in about 3 years ago. They have been fantastic - huge tall stems with huge bell shaped white fragrant flowers (as you can tell, I don't know what vareity they are!). Now the pot is pretty full of foliage starting to grow, I'm thinking I probably should have divided them up. When's the best time to do this? I'm assuming it's not in May when they've just started growing....!

Lilies grow from bulbs, so I would leave them as they are for this year. When the foliage has died back in late Autumn or early spring before they start growing again tip the pots out. You will find lots of bulbs, some big and some small. You can then sort them and repot.

Comment

I do mine when the flowers have died and the foliage has faded (usually about September I think). I have two huge tubs now that will make three this year and I started off a few years ago with just a few bulbs.
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Sound like Lily Regale - my favourites. Lovely scene in the film Ryan's daughter is them in full bloom. Oh for smella -vision.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X