No announcement yet.

French marigolds, petunias & begonias

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limnanthes is hardy: mine self-seeds too, and it's been flowering outside for a few weeks now
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
      I edged my veg beds a couple of weeks ago with french marigolds grown from seed in the stayput. They were eaten along with the veg plants The bizzie lizzie plugs I bought as a bargain from T & M were so compacted they haven't moved and I composted them yesterday. Although I have more french marigold plants coming on, I will buy some plants for my hanging baskets at the end of this month.
      Florence there has been a problem with busy lizzies for the last few years. It's caused by a fungal disease and apparently control stopped working in 2008.
      I usually buy in my B.L. as I have never had much success but for the past two years they have been a disaster.
      This year I bit the bullet and have grown some, they are not a great success and vary in size. I have also "splashed out" on a container of 20 from Tesco for £3 as my OH likes to put them on his parents grave. They look to be good strong plants and are in flower.
      If you goggle Busy Lizzie fungal disease the RHS has quite a bit on it.
      I tried to do the link but I couldn't.

Comment

Morning Sanjo. I'm trying to get the poached egg plant going so it will self seed outside. I grew some last year from seed outside, but they disappeared at the end of the season I've sown in modules indoors this year and will be potting them on again and putting outside before I put them in the beds. I was fascinated with the BLs when they arrived in tiny little green plastic modules, I'd say about 1 cm square and I potted them on into larger modules straight away, not noticing that the roots were compacted. It was only when I realised they weren't growing and pulled one out that I realised. I teased the roots, but I think it was too late. I'll be buying some cheap and cheerful bedding for the few baskets and tubs I have dotted about the place. I'm not into flowers anyway!
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X