Daisies

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daisies

I have been trying to grow daisies for a couple of years now but I can never seem to get it right. I start at the beginning of spring, I plant them inside and set them in the sun. I turn the pot around a bit each day and make sure to spray them with a little water when they are dry. They never grow passed weeds. Do you have any tips?

What do you mean by "daisies", exactly? There are loads of varieties
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

If you're on about the ones in the garden, then feel free to come over mine and dig them out, pot them up and pretend that you grew them!

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        What do you mean by "daisies", exactly? There are loads of varieties
        You mean to tell me you can't read my mind?! Gerbera daisies. I'm more of a veggie and fruit kind of gal. I try not to mingle with the flowers too much, but I love Gerbera daisies and would really fancy growing at least a potful.

Comment

Gerberas always look so artificial to me, with their straight stems. Save yourself some grief and buy plastic ones. Shove them in amongst the chard and they'll fool anyone

Comment

I love gerbera too, but they're S.African. If you can give them S.African conditions, go for it, otherwise: you'll do what I do, buy a potted one, give it your best and watch it die

This is a so-called winter hardy gerbera, (lol, the aftercare instructions tell you to keep it frost free!) but I had no luck with them
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Oh, well, that explains why there has been so much failure then! Thanks Two_Sheds! Sadly, I don't think a S. African environment is worth having Gerbera Daisies, haha.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X