Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipomea Alba - Moon Vine

Hi

Has anyone successfully grown this amazing plant outside?
    It seems to be a bit of a hot house beauty.
    I dont want to just grow it in my greenhouse as the perfume
    is heavenly and I want everyone to enjoy it when I have
    summer garden get togethers. It should really attract the
    night flying insects and so the bats which fascinate me.

Is that the one that looks like convolvulus? I have seen one but it needs night air for its heady scent. Grows on the Med like a weed. There's another night-time heady scented plant, the name of which escapes me. Tiny pink flowers.
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

According to Thompson and Morgan it is a half hardy annual Morning Glory (Moonflower) - 3 for 2 seeds - Thompson & Morgan I've successfully grown the multi-coloured morning glories which are related.

Comment

wiki Ipomoea alba - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia is interesting- it says that it likes short summer days rather than our long ones so flowers better in autumn
        Last edited by Thelma Sanders; 27-02-2012, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Cheers for that. The seedlings have popped up now and seem raring to go.
          It will be interesting to see how they do this year.

Comment

I think it looks fab - but if I put one of those in our garden Mr Z would have a flying fit - due to the amount of hours he spends chasing bindweed out of our beds from other people's overspills and bad husbandry.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
              I think it looks fab - but if I put one of those in our garden Mr Z would have a flying fit - due to the amount of hours he spends chasing bindweed out of our beds from other people's overspills and bad husbandry.
              Yes, that was one of my concerns too. The dreaded convulvulous!
              Thankfully it really is a hot house beauty and wont survive a winter here.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X