Carnations

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Datura View Post
    I bought a packet of these from Lidl last year & they were about the only thing that grew (well nearly) they romped off . I started them in a cheap unheated propagator on a south facing windowsill put them in pots in the garden Planted a little line all along one border as well & am looking forward to the flowers this year. They completely dried out while i was on hols but were fine. A good tough old bunch
    Flower seeds are new territory for me, so I'll be absolutely delighted if anything grows. I'm looking forward to growing these, thank you for letting us know these were a success , I want lots of flowers for the bees.
    Last edited by Peppermint; 07-02-2012, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      If I really really want to grow a specific plant/cultivar, I'll buy more expensive seed (NB I did not say better seed). If its a, "erm, they look nice" moment and they're only 29p. I'll give them a chance but probably not give them the TLC they might have if they cost £2.29.
      29p seeds are for trialling - if they grow and you like the looks or taste, then maybe, next year, buy something more specific.
      I have spent more on specific veg seeds but the Lidl offer is allowing me to branch out and buy something for the bees and insects, plus it's a nice way to put colour into the garden. Went to Lidl again last night and because the OH was late coming out of work and didn't get there to pick me up on time, four more packets of flower seeds found their way into my basket

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
        Essential garden visiting items - something nice for the garden owner - (preferably growing and healthy, or nice to drink)- a pair of snips (secateurs are a bit obvious!) a plastic bag with wet kitchen towel inside, some paper envelopes / bags for seed heads and a camera and notebook.
        ... and a bit of discretion. I took mother to Ascot once, and was mortified when she got the snips and baggies out.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X