Rose Cuttings

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rose Cuttings

A rose cutting that I took last year has taken, it's in a 3 inch pot in my greenhouse. Can anyone tell me how to look after it for the coming season, do I pot it on until the autumn or plant it in a safe spot outside?
    www.poultrychat.com

Have you grafted it onto a stock? Let me know. If it is just a rose cutting then you may have problems with reversion and/or vigour/disease.
    Best wishes
    Andrewo
    Harbinger of Rhubarb tales

Comment

No, no grafting I just took a cutting off what I think is an Iceberg and it's taken, its about 6 inchs and has just started growing it's first leaves
      www.poultrychat.com

Comment

Treat it like a normal Rose PC. Cultivars are grafted for all sorts of reasons, it might be vigour, disease resistance etc like andrew says, but you can propogate them faster if your puting 1 bud on to a rootstock. You've got nothing to loose as it's free!
        ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

Just don't plant it out where there has been a rose previously - they do not like this at all and get very very sick, and it can be fatal
          Rat
          Rat

British by birth
          Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
          http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

it'll probably be fine, my mum took a cutting off one of our roses and planted it in her new garden and it covered the entire fence within about 2 years! doing far better than the original plant by the way!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X