Question about mums already!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about mums already!

Sorry in advance as I think I'm going to be a bit of a pain with this. I have googled and been on the Search thread ages, honest!

I put the little plug plants into 3" pots as soon as they arrived, but will I need to put them in large pots straight away, or graduate the potting on as the plants grow?

Any advice appreciated.
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Move them on as they grow. Eventually they will nees BIG pots
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Thanks very much Roitelet, at least I know they'll be ok in the little pots for a while. Can anyone please tell me should they be inside the stayput or outside? Snadger where are you? Help me. Please?

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
        Thanks very much Roitelet, at least I know they'll be ok in the little pots for a while. Can anyone please tell me should they be inside the stayput or outside? Snadger where are you? Help me. Please?
        Both early and late varieties should spend the summer outdoors. Earlies can be planted in the garden/allotment. Lates need to be planted in similar sized pots to what you would grow tomatoes in. They also spend the summer outdoors fastened to stakes to stop the top heavy pots being blown over.

Once the toms are finished and cleared bring the lates into the greenhouse to flower through autumn and winter indoors!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Thanks very much. I'd better get them out of the stayput then!

Comment

The spray chrysanths, although only about 4" tall, have what appear to be tiny flower buds on them. Is this usual and should I nip them out please?

Comment

I've snipped out the tops, so if it's not right, it's too late anyway!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X