Orlaya grandiflora

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orlaya grandiflora

I have been giving some Orlaya Grandiflora seeds and would like help as when and how to sow? Any help would be great..

Try this link Orlaya grandiflora - White lace flower seeds Google is a wonderful tool

Comment

Yes but what do put it in pots or seed trays or in the ground to over winter ?.

Comment

I grew a few from seed [donated by someone] this year. It's in pots at the moment but hasn't expanded any in the last couple of weeks so i reckon grow form seed in modules, then stick it in the ground when it's up and about

Comment

Thanks Taff..Do you know how tall they grow?.

Comment

Originally posted by abby View Post
            Thanks Taff..Do you know how tall they grow?.
            Abby, did you not read the link? It says they grow 18 - 20 inches tall.

Comment

I know Google is a wonderful tool thanks but I was asking Taff as I prepare to ask real people, I thought this was the idea of this site.

Comment

nope, sorry, never grown them before

Comment

Did you start them under glass or just outside I have put my seeds in the window sill but I am not sure this it correct.

Comment

i started mine in the greenhouse in april, then when they sprouted, looking like 2 lots of thin grass, I left them till they were bigger, potted them on, now they look like tiny ferns.

Comment

Great thanks for your help just one more question how will you over winter them?

Comment

I'll leave them outside in the ground, but if they seed, I'll collect some of it, otherwise, i won't be doing anything to them

Comment

Another Green World

Hi Abby, I grew Orlaya from seed this spring, germinating them indoors and growing them on in the greenhouse until they were 6 inches tall and ready to plant out. They've now reached 24 inches (60cm) in height and are flowering madly. My spacing wasn't wide enough - I'd plant them at least 12 inches apart next time. They are hardy annuals so no overwintering required, but if they self-seed this year they will survive the cold weather anyway. This is a late contribution to the thread, but I hope your plants have been a success. I'll certainly be growing Orlaya again - we open our garden for the NGS and they drew a lot of admiring comments.

Comment

Too late now but I sowed some in Spring which are flowering right now in the garden. I sowed straight into individual polypots, kept misting and watched for them coming through in the propagator. They are an annual, so you collect the seed and sow again year on year - good luck. They are really pretty!
                            Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X