The Ornamental Grass Thread

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin H View Post
    It was on a recent programme about the 70's on the BBC that I learnt that having a clump of pampas grass in the front garden was a signal that the owners of the house were "swingers", available for wifeswapping parties.

Educational, the BBC.

I wonder if it's still true?
    Well martin If thats true I hope to swap my bf in for a brad pitt look alike

I dont know if Ill sow this grass then, bit worried incase I want to change it one year and it takes ages to get out, think I might consider putting it in pots in the front yard to try and create some privacy as everyone looks in when they walk past any you can see right through the house when the curtains is open.

Thanks for the advice guys xx
    If you want to view paradise
    Simply look around and view it.

Comment

Get some nets Jen - much easier to get rid of than Pampas Grass

Comment

Are the dwarf varieties of pampas grass a safer option for planting in a container.

Comment

my favourite: Hakonechloa macra aureola (Japanese forest grass) .... this won the international perenial plant of the year in 2009:

http://www.sugarcreekgardens.com/Gra...lyerHakone.pdf

grows well in sun and shade ..... here are 2 pics from my garden showing what it looks like planted amongst heuchera and coleus (in full sun):

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X